Monday, August 24, 2009

Pregnancy Cravings...What are yours?

Recently, singer Joel Madden, boyfriend to expecting mother Nicole Ritchie, has spoken out about Nicole’s pregnancy cravings…hamburgers! And unfortunately, for Joel’s sleeping habits, these cravings come both day and night!

“It’s not so much the craziness of the craving, it’s just when she craves it – it’s usually about 2 or 3 in the morning, and that’s on me,” said Madden.

When Halle Berry was pregnant with her daughter, she craved pepperoncini, a mild and sweet Italian pepper that have a slight heat.

Tori Spelling craved Rocky Road ice cream with her second pregnancy, while Tina Fey had a major hunkering for donuts while pregnant with her daughter.

Fey said, “Somewhere during my pregnancy I gained something like nine pounds in two weeks and my doctor was like, ‘You know what it might be? Are you drinking a lot of juice?’ I was like, ‘Yeah. That must be it.’ I was eating like a box a day of Entenmann’s donuts!”

Most expecting mothers have a special craving sometime while expecting and some cravings are more exotic or more extreme than others!

About.com’s Pregnancy Guide Robin Elise Weiss tells us that the most common cravings among pregnant women are for sweet, salty, spicy, and bitter foods.

Some theories hold that there is also a wisdom of the body. A craving for milk might mean you need calcium; a craving for fruit may signal a need for vitamin C.

Tell us…what are your pregnancy cravings? What food could you not live without while expecting? Post it in the comments section below.

1 comment:

The Ward Family said...

With my daughter, I was all about fruit! With this pregnancy (a boy!), I am craving cheese and brownies...totally different!