Saturday, May 30, 2009

Mama Friends…Can’t Live Without Them!

I don’t’ know what I would do without my “mama friends.” These are the women I have gotten to know since my daughter was born, and they have become the people I rely on so much to listen to my problems, brainstorm ideas and tips on certain stages our kids are going through, and to just have fun with as we all brave motherhood together. It’s a good thing I have these mama friends, too, because according to the University of California, women who engage in “tending children or befriending others” with children release more oxytocin.

Oxytocin is a hormone that when released can counteract stress and helps mothers to relax. So it’s healthy to hang out with your mama friends! If you are having a bad day, call up a fellow mother and meet at the park or have her come over for a playdate. You’ll feel your stress level lessen and your children, not to mention the moms, will all have fun together!

Thank you to all my mama friends for making my life less stressful and more fun!

No comments: